Ginger Adam's Brushless Motor Mod


For the mount I used the nylon centre of a reel of insulation tape (it matched the 400 motor dia) and married a 1/16" ply strip up to it and then used another to brace with a fillet in line with the thrust. I made sure that the ply brace was square to the face of the reel. This should maintain any angles that MPX build into the EZ* design. I made a small foam v-shape infront with 3mm depron so that the ply mount would not face the wind and create drag. I'd assumed that the higher mount combined with larger prop would increase the EZ* tendancy to nose up under power (and was planning to do some fancy tranny mixing) but no problems yet. There is a little bit of a move to the right under full power, so I may need to mix some rudder to compensate or maybe adjust the angle slightly.

Used Motor: Axi2204/54
Used ESC: CC P10
Used Prop: 8"x4.3" Slowfly

 

Image

Image

Image